Avalon Emergency Management Website
The Avalon Office of Emergency Management encourages you to add the website www.avalonemergency.org to your “favorites” tab on your computer. This is a website that will provide you with up to the minute reports on various emergencies in the Borough of Avalon, including storms, floods, blizzards, hurricanes, and other non-weather related emergencies including missing persons. During a prolonged emergency event, this website will continue to provide updates, photos, videos and other essential information.
This website serves to keep Avalon residents fully updated and educated in the areas of:
- Storm and weather information
- Important Borough contact information
- Local and Regional Media outlets that provide continuous information
- Information for reacting to an emergency or an evacuation
- Avalon’s Emergency Management Plan
- Traffic information, power outage maps, and helpful information videos
In addition, www.avalonemergency.org includes links to many government websites that are designed to educate and inform residents about how to develop an emergency plan for their households. Information includes: Preparation of a supply and evacuation kit; care of the elderly, disabled, and pets; protecting your documents; and information about Avalon’s own Pet Evacuation Shelter.
During a major storm event or evacuation, www.avalonemergency.org may override the Borough’s municipal website.